Rev. IIII (Jan. 2019)
People get projects completed and have allot of creative fun in the process here at Skyloft F Rental Studio while working. And we care about that energy level and creativity that goes on in our space, but there are a few rules and legal stuff we have to follow in order to provide you with great service, at a low cost.
Most people will have no issue with any of this and it all makes complete sense, but if you don’t agree with the following Agreements, please call us ahead of time to avoid us having to deny service, online or at our door.
If you are unfamiliar with our equipment, please watch the Equipment Training Video which is on our resource page. This can save you and your guest costly repair cost that would be due the day something gets damaged.
In summary, the agreement contents fall into five categories/rules:
1. The booking customer is responsible for everything that happens during the session without regard to who in the booking customer’s party did something wrong, damaged something, or whatever…the booking customer is responsible and will be charged for the damage. We will collect your drivers license number during booking or scan a copy at your entrance to the studio.
PLEASE NOTE: If any damage is done to the Cyclorama Wall it is a $500 instant charge, plus $150/hr labor charge until repair work is completed.
2. The time you book is the time you book. This includes set up, tear down, and whatever it takes to return the studio to its original, organized, and clean condition. Please prepare to stop your session and pack up early enough for you to exit the studio at the end of your booked time. Set an alarm on your cell phone to help you remember as a suggestion, so we do not have to charge you the penalty fee. See below, rules and regulations.
3. Please respect our staff, signage, and other customers at all times. We respect the craft and you as a customer and work very hard to give you our best. We expect that minimum amount of respect in return.
4. We do not provide our renters with our available background paper for free. You may pay to use our paper ($15 or $25 additional fee,) indicated on the booking form or ship or bring your own paper you may need for your project to the studio. And please tell your guest not to walk across background paper when they are not being photographed, or use baby oil and then lay on the paper. This will ensure the paper can last longer for the next guest.
5. Cancellation Policy. We have to be strict about our policy and if we did not, we would simply go out of business. Please understand and know for sure you are committed to your reservation before you make it. You can reschedule your time with us by using the Reschedule Option in our booking system, "Log In" at the ICON on the upper right hand side of the booking form using the email address you booked the studio with initially. You can see and change your bookings as you see fit up to one hour before your start time. But there are NO REFUNDS of your booking deposit.
ACCEPTANCE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Renter hereby accepts and assumes all responsibility for all risks associated with and/or resulting in his/her use of the premises and equipment (THIS INCLUDES ALL PERSONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE RENTER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO RELEVANT GUESTS, MODELS, ASSISTANTS, PHOTOGRAPHERS, FAMILY, OR FRIENDS).
The Renter freely accepts these risks and agrees to the terms, even if Skyloft F Rental Studio, parent company Martin Studio Photography, or business associates is found to be negligent or in breach of any duty of care or any obligation to the Renter.
The Renter agrees responsibility for any loss (in the amount solely determined by Skyloft F Rental Studio ownership) or damage to the studio; equipment on premises of the business resulting from the Renter’s same (except for normal wear and tear). The Renter agrees to pay the costs of replacement for any such loss or damage within 48 hours of a claim from Skyloft F Rental Studio to the Renter.
Use of Skyloft F Rental Studio and equipment is at Renter’s own risk. Renter hereby waives rights to seek legal redress for mishaps, accidents, and/or loss while on our premises. Renter agrees to leave the studio and adjacent grounds in the same condition, as they were when Renter arrived. Renters are solely responsible for any legal infractions Renter or members of Renter’s party make during the conduct of the scheduled booking, be they in our studio or elsewhere. This includes parking tickets, claims of personal abuse, or all other violation or citations, and legal action resulting from the conduct of the studio booking, taken at whatever time. Renters are solely responsible for the safety and well-being of any models, production assistants, or any other personnel accompanying Renter or engaged by Renter.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
Studios must be vacated on time, the time you agreed to when you booked with us. Set-up, breakdown, cleanup, pack-up are all included in the reserved time that was scheduled and agreed to. If a customer continues to stay past closing hours, a fee of $20 per each 15 minute period beyond their booking time. Please set an alarm on your cell phone that will signal you when 15 minutes is left in the session to indicate a good time to end the session and return the studio to its original condition.
We have the right to refuse additional studio time request from in studio renters for any reason.
At no time are customers to engage in any kind of unlawful activities while on the premises of Skyloft Galleries.
All customers and related parties must read and take notice of on-site signage, staff instructions, and be kind to all customers.
Any damage incurred to the property of Skyloft F Rental Studio and or Skyloft Galleries during the normal course of use is something that happens from time to time and the customer will not be held liable. However, if damage occurs due to deliberate, carelessness, or unwarranted behavior, the customer will be charged for the damage even if the Renter did not personally damage any property. The Renter is responsible for the entire party that accompanies the Renter. If the credit card on file is not able to be charged for any reason, you hereby authorize other means of collection.
Cancellations, we do not issue deposit refunds. But you may reschedule all the way up to your requested rental start time. You can reschedule up to three times.
Please leave the studio as you found it…if cleaning/re-organizing/tuning/adjusting is necessary to return the studio to its original state, you may be charged a $75 cleaning fee. If you are not sure how to leave the studio, ask! Smoking is not permitted inside the facility. However, customers may step outside at any time.
The available equipment provided in the studio is out on the studio floor. It is the customer’s responsibility to notify Skyloft F Rental Studio of any missing inventory/equipment before the session starts otherwise the customer could be held liable for any missing equipment/inventory at session end. If you don’t see it, and you need it ask an employee of Skyloft F Rental Studio.
Please also note that Skyloft F Rental Studio is a private space; please let us know if you are expecting others in your group later on once here.
We do charge an additional fee for large groups in the studio. If there are 10 people in the studio from your booking request there is a $10/pp additional fee you will be invoiced.
We do not offer “Event Space” for parties or DJ’s. But professional workshops and seminars are welcomed.
If you are looking to hold an event in the Skyloft Galleries, please contact the event staff here: www.Skylofts.net or call 443-791-6699
We do not offer Photo Shoot parties, and no bottles of alcohol at all during your private rental session.
This document can change at any time.
The Skyloft F Rental Studio